Now onto the rules!
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Those receiving the Very Inspiring Blogger Award award are encouraged to:
- We have been truly touched and inspired by the participants of the #WobblyWednesday hashtag party we have been hosting the past two weeks. I have to admit I sometimes feel like, as a special needs pet parent, that I am in a bubble. I get so wrapped up in Sophie and/or Sassy and what I am doing for them, that I don’t think about all of the other special needs animals and their parents that are out there doing all of the same things, going through all of the same struggles. I know they are out there, but seeing them and hearing about them makes it so much more real. #WobblyWednesday has not only helped to raise awareness (hopefully) for cerebellar hypoplasia and other special needs animals – it has helped me to feel more connected to other special needs pet families. Seriously – if you haven’t checked out the videos and photos that have been shared with #WobblyWednesday (particularly on Instagram), I highly suggest it. You won’t be able to help but smile.
- This isn’t related to pets or blogging, but I am constantly inspired by my students. I make my living as a musician, and a big part of that includes teaching private drum/percussion and piano lessons. I have students of all ages, ranging from 3-60+, and they are all amazing. I can be having a frustrating and bad day, but when I go in to the studio to teach, all of it melts away. These kids come in every week excited to learn about music, and when they “get” that piece they have been learning, or when they play along to their favorite song, the look on their face is priceless. Teaching them and watching them grow as musicians makes me want to continue to learn and get better myself.
- This isn’t related to pets or blogging either, but a friend and coworker of mine was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer. She is having to undergo chemo and radiation before having her bladder completely removed. She had her first round of chemo last week, and she was at work the next day with a smile on her face. Though she did have to miss a couple of days after that, she returned with a positive and upbeat attitude. She has such a great spirit about her, and she is an inspiration for sure!
The Creative Blogger Award
- I love to play games, particularly board games, and I am extremely competitive. All game rules have to be followed to a T, and nothing even remotely close to cheating is allowed! Pictionary is my absolute favorite.
- I have a huge sweet tooth. I’ve always said that I have a second stomach for dessert, so no matter how full I get at a meal, I’ve always got room for dessert! Ice cream is my weakness.
- I have lived in six different states (North Carolina, Florida, Texas, Indiana, Louisiana, and Georgia) and 15 different houses/apartments (not including college dorms/apartments). I’ve lived in Georgia the longest, with 9 of those houses/apartments being in Georgia. No military immediate family members, just various reasons for moving – mostly for my dad’s work as a kid, and then divorced parents.
- My all-time favorite band is Queen. I could listen to them all day.
- If I could visit one place in the entire world, it would be Australia. So much to see and so much cool wildlife! And I would for sure have to go scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef (I am a PADI certified diver, but have only been diving three times).
This is the hardest part for sure! We know that most of our furiends have already received these awards, but we can’t keep up with who has and who hasn’t. If we nominate you and you’ve already received it, we apologize.
The following blogs we nominate for both awards:
15 and Meowing
As the World Purrs
Clooney’s Num Num Fund
Critters in the Cottage
Gorogoro & Nikoniko
Madi and Mom
Melissa’s Mochas, Mysteries, & More
One Spoiled Cat
Pussy Cats 3
Swiss Cat Blog
Trout Talkin’ Tabbies
Thanks again to The Cat on My Head for the nominations. We wish everyone a very happy weekend!