Anyway, a year ago, I had the bright idea to start a blog. Why, you ask? Well, the cat pictures and stories I was always sharing on my personal Facebook page always seemed to be a hit. I had just started feeding a raw diet, and thought that if I detailed my journey down the raw diet highway, that I might be able to help someone else who wanted to do the same. I also had a special needs kitty (Sophie) and wanted to raise awareness for her condition and lend a helping hand to anyone else with a CH kitty. Why not combine all of these things into one location – a blog! Thus began the Kitty Cat Chronicles (shout out to my mom for helping me with the name!).
Not only have we experience family growth in the past year, we have experienced readership growth! When I started the blog, I had an audience of 3 – my mom, my husband, and the occasional friend who would click on the blog posts I shared on my Facebook. These guys were my only audience for a long time. Then in January of this year, I discovered BlogPaws. I can’t even remember how I found it, but when I did, I was ecstatic. I remember going on and on about it to my husband, and I’m sure he was thinking I had lost it for sure. I had no idea there was such a large pet-blogging world! I have been a member of the BlogPaws community for about 4 months now, and what an amazing 4 months it has been. I have made SO many great new friends and learned so much about so many things.
Other milestones of the year:
- Sophie being featured on 3 other blogs (here, here, and here), and a 4th time in the works
- Sampson joining Cat Scouts AND getting a girlfriend (Astrid)
- Sassy getting a psychic reading
- Getting Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts dedicated solely to Kitty Cat Chronicles
- Being contacted to do product reviews
- Being contacted to do a book review and giveaway (coming later in the year)
- Spreading the word about adoptable cats through COFAS
- Raising awareness for Cerebellar Hypoplasia and FIV
This has truly been an amazing year, and I am so glad that I had the bright idea to start a blog. It has been an incredible ride, and I can’t wait to see what else is on down the road for us!
As a thank you to everyone, we are hosting our first giveaway! Remember the crochet bow tie I made for Sampson? I will be giving one away! If you win, you will be able to choose the color(s) and I will ship it to you! Collar not included – these slip over a preexisting collar. For cats AND dogs!
(U.S. residents only. I apologize to any international friends.)